Saturday, April 28, 2012

I went for a 2 hour ride on the train today just to draw and get out the studio. I did several nice drawings and this is one of them. I had a large audience tonight as there were many fans commuting from the San Francisco Giants game. 
I must admit it was a task to ignore the on-lookers and concentrate on my studies. 

On another note:
I consider all of my drawings to be finished works. Leonardo Da Vinci rarely finished his works as written by art historians, I wonder if he felt that many of his works "were" finished that are now deemed to be unfinished sketches. To me it is all a question of confidence, if you have it then everything you do can be a final product, even quick rough schematic drawings done for preparation and planning.
I bend the boundaries and destroy the line between a throw away sketch and a polished work.
- Dawood 2012