Saturday, September 15, 2012

Reportagin'

Been deeply invested in teaching 8th graders at Oakland School For The Arts so I haven't posted in about 3 weeks - whooooosh!! But I think I'm back on track now, just have to plan in drawing and posting time into my busy schedule. This is a drawing I did while out with the highschool students at Frank Ogawa Plaza in downtown Oakland.
Reportage drawing done with ballpoint pen.
Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland


Here is a shot of one of my 8th grade students stroking away at a reportage of San Pablo street in Oakland. I am having them to lots of contour drawing and it is helping them grow in confidence tremendously in short periods of time. These are 14 year students with the heart to listen to and apply the wisdom in my lectures. I really love teaching!!!! Can't stress that enough though it's stress free - ha ha.