Sunday, November 1, 2009

Drawing around...

I drew this guy on the Muni bus (71 haight) on my way to Golden Gate Park in San Francisco one morning. I was teaching a 1 day workshop at Sharon Art Studio that day. The bus was extremely packed and I was so pissed because there was lots of people smashed against me. I pulled out my little drawing book and a Japanese brush pen and went to work. I held on to the pole with one hand and the book at the same time (as the bus rocked from the drivers jerky stop and go tactics). I drew as best I could with my hand in a really cramped position. It was more a test to see if I could capture likeness through a direct line drawing from observation with pen given all of the distractions. A couple people watched as I carved the young lads image out of the manila page with bold, confident brush strokes. Fun Stuff For Sure.