Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Finally painting again...

This was a quick warm-up piece to get me back in to painting. I haven't been painting in seems like almost a year. 2012 I will be making my work available to the public so I will be doing more paintings and other work. This is another painting in an ongoing series that I call "The Black Woman Collection." A tribute to our mother. 

I found this box at a thrift store. I sanded it, textured the surface, gave some yellowish glazes and finally painted the woman on it. I am also going to paint a different woman on the remaining 3 sides. Once Im done painting all of the sides I'm going to replace the wooden knob at the top with a jewel knob.

Untitled
acrylic on wood

Here is a similar project I did in the past where I painted on an object. This one was protein powder jar:
http://dawoodsketchs.blogspot.com/2011/02/painting-on-stuff.html