Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Drawing on the bus... again

It feels really good now that I am painting on a consistent basis. Drawing people on the bus and train provides for a surplus of paintings to complete. I usually draw about 5 - 6 people during the commute, then paint them over a couple of days. The good thing is I don't run out of things to paint and I don't have to draw anything in order to paint, I just go to my drawing journal and there are a number of drawings that say, "Paint Me" and I grant they're wishes. I am working my way up to where I can casually slip in short painting sessions at various times of the day without having to schedule large swaths of time to get a good painting done. This helps to maintain a loose and playful spirit in the painting without it feeling overworked. I really like the way this one came out. This young guy was sitting across from my daughter and I as he looked out the window listening to headphones. He looked up at me quite a bit which made it a challenge to capture him because I didn't want him to know I was drawing him.

I have actually been writing my personal journal entries on my drawings and paintings. I've been wanting to do this for a while now but I didn't want my viewers reading my personal thoughts but as of late I thought what the heck... I'm moving beyond this stuff anyhow, if they can reading it perhaps they may benefit. (smile). This brings me to the title of this peace is "Changing the Paradigm." Paradigms are a multitude of habits that make up who we are and why we are where we are. In order to change your life you must change your paradigm.

Until the next time, "Keep Studying!"


Changing The Paradigm
Ballpoint pen and acrylic on paper