Monday, November 5, 2012

Digital Drawing

This is a quick sketch I did of the director of the school I teach at. I have been working in Photoshop CS6 and a Wacom tablet a lot lately as I have been getting bored with drawing with pen. Funny that happened (getting bored with traditional media) right after I made my beautiful leather sketchbook.  I love drawing with the Wacom, I remember when I bought my first one and it sat in my closet for months because it was so awkward to work with but now its a breeze. Digital painting is a great exercise however it may be best to sharpen you drawing ability on paper before hand, the computer is only a tool and won't, I repeat won't create any of the picture for you. The Wacom won't make your drawings or paintings look good regardless how much you hit undo. Actually I hardly ever use undo, I like to draw and paint in Photoshop just as if it were on paper, using no eraser. I also have a digital drawing video I will upload soon, the topic will be  " Excellence vs. Mediocrity."